Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RECIPE: Zucchini Parmesan with Lemon

Zucchini Parmesan with Lemon
Prep: 5 min, Cook: 5 min.
  • 2 lbs. small zucchini
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. lemon peel, grated
  • 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
Cut zucchini in half crosswise, then cut each half into 4 lengthwise sticks. Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté zucchini and lemon peel about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until zucchini is lightly browned. Mix in Parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.

Per serving: calories 53, fat 2.1g, 31% calories from fat, cholesterol 2mg, protein 3.6g, carbohydrates 6.8g, fiber 2.8g, sugar 3.8g, sodium 49mg, diet points 1.2.

Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.0, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 0.3, Lean meat: 0.1, Fat: 0.3, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0

No comments: