Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RECIPE: Lemon Dill Cauliflower

Lemon Dill Cauliflower
Prep: 5 min, Cook: 10 min.
  • 1 lb. cauliflower florets
  • 2 tsp. unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp. dill, or 2 Tbs. fresh, minced
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 8 minutes or until almost tender. Remove cauliflower from steamer basket. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Stir in cauliflower, dill, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: calories 44, fat 2.4g, 44% calories from fat, cholesterol 5mg, protein 2.2g, carbohydrates 4.9g, fiber 3.1g, sugar 1.6g, sodium 18mg, diet points 1.0.

Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.9, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 0.0, Lean meat: 0.0, Fat: 0.4, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0

No comments: