Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

KALE... Wonderful Vegie!+ RECIPE

Kale
This leafy green is known as one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet. This earthy, bitter green is sweeter in winter, but it’s packed with nutrients year-round. Kale is often referred to as a nutrition powerhouse because it offers everything you want in a leafy green. It’s an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, has a good amount of calcium (for a vegetable), and also supplies folate and potassium. Kale’s ruffle-edged leaves may range in color from cream to purple to black depending on the variety.  Try making “chips” by stripping the leaves off the tough inedible stems and tearing them into 1-inch pieces.  Toss with olive oil and salt and bake @ 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/blog/

No comments: