Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

RECIPE: GRILLED PORK CHOPS

GRILLED PORK CHOPS
Serves 4

2 TBSP fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP dried oregano
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
4 bone-in center-cut pork chops (6 oz each)
trimmed of all visible fat

Combine the broth, vinegar, garlic, oregano, oil, and salt in a shallow baking dish.  Add the chops.  Turn several times to coat both sides.  Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.  Turn the chops several times as they marinate.  Coat a grill or broiler pan with cooking spray.  Preheat the grill or broiler.  Grill or broil the chops, turning once, for about 4 - 5 minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a chop registers 160*F and the juices run clear.

PER SERVING:
Calories 182
Fat 8g
Sat Fat 2g
Protein 22g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fiber 1 g
Calcium 46 mg
Sodium 206 mg




No comments: