Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RECIPE: Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
These are melty, cheesy, with bits of onion... really good, and almost all protein! A very surprising dish given the 5 ingredients that are used. Double or triple this recipe and serve to the family... everyone will love these!

Half a medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 egg
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 tablespoons flour
salt
pepper

Saute the onion in the butter until golden... allow to cool in pan. In a small bowl, beat egg slightly, blend in cottage cheese, flour, salt and pepper, and onion butter mixture. Heat nonstick skillet, spray with Pam, and place four 1/4 cup scoops of batter and spread into small pancakes. Cook until browned... flip and cook until lightly brown on other side. YUMMY!

Shared on BE FORUM in March 2006

No comments: