Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Monday, October 8, 2012

PROTEIN powder for cooking






When researching the use of protein powders, I wanted to know if there was one formulated specifically for cooking.  I was referred to ANY WHEY PROTEIN.  Just do a google search for it and you will find it available on many sites.  

I was also told that you can use ANY protein powder to cook with as long as you don't boil it or superheat it like in broiling.

The unflavored type protein powders are best when added to soups, stews, etc.  The sweetened powders are good for adding to things like cottage cheese, pudding, ricotta cheese, ETC!

So, you cant add the AnyWhey to a boiling pot of soup...  but you can eat the soup until it is hot, remove it from the stove and then whisk in the Any Whey (I always add a little parmesan cheese to add some extra flavor too)

You can add it to scrambled eggs before cooking
--as long as you cook it gently.

You can add it to sour cream,
and then add a little bit to the beans or chili.

You can add it to the mayonnaise,
and then add it to the chicken or shrimp salad. 


No comments: