Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

RECIPE: Asian-Style Asparagus

Asian Style Asparagus

1 TBSP reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/4 pounds thin asparagus spears, ends trimmed

Combine soy sauce, vinegar oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.  Stir well to blend. Set aside.  Place a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.  Add the asparagus.  Cover and cook, shaking the pan frequently to turn the asparagus, for 4 - 5 minutes, or until crisp tender and lightly charred.  Add the reserved soy mixture.  Cook, shaking the pan, for 1 minute, or until the liquid is reduced to a glaze.

PER SERVING
Calories 40
Fat 2 g
Sat fat 0 g
Protein 3 g
Carb 6 g
Fiber 3 g
Caldium 36 mg
Sodium 135 mg

No comments: