Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Friday, October 5, 2012

RECIPE: Oatmeal Muffins

OATMEAL MUFFINS from Bikini Bella

Here is something my family and support group really like. Hope if you try it you will like it as much as we all do. Each person that I have given this recipe to has loved it and it has become a regular on their menus. Most have tweaked it just a bit to perfectly suit them ... but this is a great base recipe. We all love how very portable it is!!! Enjoy!

Oatmeal Muffins

3 cups oatmeal (quick cook or regular-whole - I personally use regular whole oats)
1 ¼ cups milk, light soy milk or carb countdown
2 eggs
½ cup oil
1 cup splenda ( I usually use less if adding protein powder)
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch salt

Mix everything together and put in cupcake tins (sprayed with pam) and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Freeze them (after baking) and pull out as needed.

Alterations: You can substitute Splenda with sugar if the recipe is for someone who does not want or need the splenda (I can't imagine, but I guess there are some). When I make this recipe, I usually add a little more light soy milk and less oil, usually throw in some chopped nuts (whatever I have on hand). I also almost always add 4 scoops of protein powder as well. You can also add cinnamon or any other spice that floats your boat. This is just a base recipe ... you can add and delete as you choose. Watching the board the past few days has my mind reeling ... can you imagine chocolate oatmeal peanut butter muffins??? Or perhaps adding some applesauce or some chopped apples. Perhaps even some blueberries or blackberries. YUM

Everyone who has tried this recipe so far has really liked it. If you try it, let me know what you think! If you find a tweak that is great, please share that as well.

Enjoy!!!
Shared by Bikini Bella in February 2006

No comments: