Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Monday, October 8, 2012

RECIPE: WHITE CHILI

WHITE CHILI

1 tablespoon oil
2 onions chopped
3 tablespoons garlic
2 (4 oz ) cans chopped mild green chilies
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
¼ teaspoon chili seasoning
3 (16 oz) cans great northern beans drained
5 cups chicken broth
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups montery jack cheese (12 oz)

Heat oil in a large pot
Add onions and saute
Stir in garlic, cumin, chilies, oregano, chili seasoning, and saute 2 minutes
Add beans and stock, bring to a boil
Reduce heat, add chicken and cheese
Season to taste with salt and pepper


~posted by Forum member KATHY in 2006



No comments: