Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

PROPER PORTION SIZES

USE YOUR RULE OF THUMB
 
3 oz of meat = a childs palm or a deck of cards
5 oz of meat = an adults palm or 2 deck of cards
1/2 cup pasta or grain = 1/2 of a baseball (not a softball!)
1 tsp butter = the tip of your finger (one die)
1 tsp oil = the tip of your finger (one die)
1 TBSP peanut butter = 1/2 of a ping pong ball
1 medium fruit = a fist or a baseball
1 oz of cheese = 4 dice
1 TBSP dressing = 1/2 of your thumb
1 cup of veggies = a fist or a baseball
1 bagel = a hockey puck
1 slice of bread = a cassette tape
1 cup of cereal = a fist or a baseball
1 pancake = a compact disc

No comments: