Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

RECIPE: Chunky Tilapia & Tomato Soup

CHUNKY TILAPIA & TOMATO SOUP

6 baby carrots, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
1 small red onion, cut in slivers (about 1/3 cup)
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cup water
8 oz tilapia fillets, cut into large chunks
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Combine the carrots, onion, oil, and thyme in a large saucepan.  Cook, stirring over medium heat, for 5 minutes, or until softened.  Add the broth and water.  Bring almost to boiling.  Add the tilapia, broccoli, tomatoes (with juice), and pepper.  Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until the tilapia is cooked.

PER SERVING:
Calories 210
Fat 7 g
Sat Fat 2 g
Protein 26g
Carbohydrates 10 g
Fiber 4
Calcium 55
Sodium 360 mg

No comments: