Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Monday, October 8, 2012

RECIPE: OATMEAL

It also doesn't take very much cooked oatmeal to fill you up. And if you use the old-fashioned kind it is thicker and isn't quite so much like "mush", which is the main reason people don't like cooked oatmeal.

I make mine with more oats than the recipe usually calls for - it is just not so mushy and stays chewier:

2 c. water
1 1/3 c. oatmeal
1/8 t. salt

bring salted water to a boil. Add oats all at once. Boil, uncovered for about 5 minutes. Let sit for about 5 min, covered.

LOVE to add yogurt or SF maple syrup and some cool whip. Oh the possibilities are endless!!

 Oatmel is a complex carbohydrate. Not a smiple one, so it doesn't leave you hungry like potato chips...  Oatmeal is a good source of carb. It's a grain..and a healthly carb, and has fiber which we as bariatric patients don't get enough of just from protein.

No comments: