Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Friday, November 2, 2012

RECIPE: Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon

Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
 
Enjoy scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on Mother's Day, for an Easter brunch or another special occasion. Eggs in moderation can certainly fit into a healthy, low fat diet. I use one whole egg and two egg whites for each person. Use egg substitute if you prefer: one cup is equivalent to 4 eggs.
 
Ingredients:
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 ounce smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh dill or chopped chives for garnish
 
Preparation:
Whisk eggs and egg whites together. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. On a low to medium heat, gently cook eggs until curds begin to form. Use a flexible spatula to move the eggs around. Just before the eggs are set, stir in the salmon. Remove from heat promptly. Serve with a toasted whole wheat English muffin. 
 
Serves 2 
 
Per Serving:
Calories: 119, 
Calories from Fat 51, 
Total Fat 5.6g (sat 1.5), 
Cholesterol 214mg, 
Sodium 455mg, 
Carbohydrate 1.3g, 
Fiber 0g, 
Protein 15.8g
SOURCE:  HERE

No comments: