Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fruits & Vegies

Low-Glycemic Fresh Fruit: apple, avocado, banana, blueberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, kiwi  fruit, lemon, lime, mango, orange, peach, pear, plum, raspberries, and  strawberries.

    Avoid these fruits: fresh apricots, cherries, papaya, pineapple, rhubarb, and watermelon.

    Low-Glycemic Dried Fruit: apple, apricots, dates, and prunes.

    Low-Glycemic Fresh Vegetables: alfalfa sprouts, artichokes, arugula, asparagus, bean sprouts, bok  choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili  peppers, chives, corn, cucumber, eggplant, endive, fennel, garlic, ginger,  green beans, herbs, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, peppers, radishes,  scallions, shallots, snow pea sprouts, spinach, squash, Swiss chard, tomato,  turnip, watercress, and zucchini.

    Avoid these vegetables: Beets, fava beans, parsnips, peas, potatoes, sweet  potatoes, and yams.

No comments: