Mission Statement

The mission to this blog is to share recipes, encouragement, information, tips and tricks, links, and more that I have found or has been sent to me since my RNY in 2010 to help me and hopefully YOU! I am NOT paid by any company or person so this is totally objective in my own personal opinion and use. I am not a medical professional either, so please always seek medical help if you have concerns or problems.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

RECIPE: Spinach Dip

Spinach Dip

(Makes approximately 6 cups)

Ingredients:

  • 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese (gluten free if needed)
  • 10 ounce container frozen spinach, thawed
  • 8 ounce can water chestnuts, chopped fine
  • 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  1. Using a blender, blend the cottage cheese until it is smooth and creamy.
  2. Put the cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl, and add all other ingredients. Stir well.
Nutritional Content:
(Data is for 1/2 cup)
Calories: 64
Total Fat: 1 gm
Saturated Fats: 1 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 151 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 gm
Dietary fiber: 1 gm
Sugars: 1 gm
Protein: 6 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 4

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-spinach-dip/  

No comments: